Did you know that LinkedIn is the largest online network for working professionals. That is why creating and maintaining a profile is extremely beneficial to you as a business owner.
1. Have a professional photo. Stay away from selfies. Keep your picture current.
2. Have a compelling, client attractive summary. Don't be boring.
3. Have an eye catching headline. Make sure when people come to your profile you catch their attention immediately.
4. Have your contact information. It's always good to give some another way to get a hold of you.
5. Get current recommendations. Believe it or not you don't know how many times someone has told me that they read my recommendations. Please always ask for one. Ask those you are currently working with. Ask those who worked with you before.
Do these things to keep current.
I get asked the question, “Should I schedule my posts on Social Media” all the time.
I always say, “Yes”.
Here are 3 reasons why I think so.
1. It saves time!
When scheduling content in advance it frees up your time. Also you are not always logging into all the social media platforms to load the posts. Also it spares you from wasting time looking at posts that are trying to get our attention.
2. You can reach your audience at peak times.
Scheduling at peak times give you the freedom of posting when your not available. Example one of my peak times is a 11pm ET. I’m simply unable to post at 11pm every night manually. Scheduling at peak times assures you that you will be there when your audience is.
3. It helps with brand consistency.
No doubt if you are posting on all the platforms with daily consistency your brand will get noticed.
So what tools should you use for scheduling. I recommend Later. I...
Have you ever received a message from someone you didn't know?
Have you ever got this message: "Id like to add you to my professional network."
So how do you generate interest with people who you don’t know so they will connect with you. Here is what I suggest.
Include a question at the end of your message that will give the perspective connection a reason to respond. Ask them something that only someone in their position would know. People love being helpful, so asking a prospect for their insight or expertise on a certain topic might make them more inclined to respond. Another is how you found their profile.
Things to consider when writing a connection request.
Be courteous & professional
Be specific. Get right to the point
Complement them on something.
Here is an Example.
Hi Chris, I came across your profile after seeing your post about “Benefits Of Reading Daily. Interesting stuff…I so enjoy reading your...
As you know Instagram is the most engaging platform.
Why because it has over 1 Billion Active users.
So it's important for social media marketers to keep up and find an effective Instagram strategy for getting more followers, more Engagement and more comments.
Let's explore a few ways to get more comments.
1. Using niche Instagram hashtags can help you build a community around your brand, and get Instagram comments faster
2. Do Instagram Stories Daily - Why because the most engaged Instagram users are engaging with stories.
3. Share the posts in your feed to your Instagram Stories.
These are just a few ways to get more comments on Instagram. And remember consistency = growth. So be consistent!
Do you have social media success?
The first thing to do to determine this is to define success for you.
Is it more followers, more website views, more sales, or more newsletter sign ups. Is it something else? Only you know that answer.
Now that we defined what success is for you, what you do next is important.
This is where you enforce key strategies to ensure you are successful to achieve that success. Here are 3 strategies that I feel will make you successful with your social media marketing.
1. Be human - not a robot. You have to connect with people. That should be one of your goals. Who wants to engage with robot. I know for myself I want engage with real people.
2. Have a content strategy! I say this over and over again all the time. Don't be random with your content. Make it high quality, relevant content.
3. Find out where your customers are and be present on those platforms. Bottom line is, you have to be...
I want to challenge you to spend 13 minutes a day on Linkedin. Alot of times I get complaints that Linkedin doesn't work. I always ask one question back. When was the last time that you were on Linkedin. I was surprised to hear, "1 year, 6 months or haven't been back on Linkedin since I set up my profile". Not sure how anyone expect to have results if they are never on.
So here is my 13 minutes a day on Linkedin.
A. (2 min) View - who’s looking at your profile.
B. (4 min) Connect -Send some messages to connect. Make them custom to your target Market
C. (3 min) CheckTabs - Home, My Network, Jobs, Messaging and Notifications. You don't want to miss anything.
D (4 min) Accepting - Accept invitations that make sense. Create your own rules around who you will connect with. I shared mine in the video.
If you do this 13 minutes a day, 5 days a week you will have results.
Take the time to be kind and show some love on Social Media as a business meeting.
I see so many business owners out there sharing their products and services and not even listening to what their ideal client needs.
So as a business owner how do show some love.
1. Donate your services to someone in need.
2. Participate in a fundraiser.
3. You could share and participate and share your knowledge on someones post.
Try to be be kind and show some love starting today. You never know who might need it. Here is a a great quote I would love to inspire you with.
You cannot do kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. Ralph Waldo Emerson
I spend a lot of time working on different facebook business pages, and some are and instant success and some need work. So today I want to walk you through a few things that will make your FB page successful.
1. First impressions are everything! Think about it when you go to a business event you would not go with your hair not combed. Or you would go with holes in your pants. You would put your best look forward. It's the same with your facebook business page so you want to put your best look forward.
2. Craft a great looking cover photo. You don't know how many times I go to different pages that don't have a cover photo at. Get creative and put one up or hire someone to design one.
3. Make sure your "About" section is complete. Take advantage of this section by completing all the informations about yourself. Including some clickable links that you can insert.
4. Effective headlines matter. If while...
Visual content is very important
A reminder that so many online marketers say that visual content is important to include when posting online. How about you? How is your visual content doing today?
1. People really like visuals
2. Visual content increases views
3. Visuals help with engagement
How do you maximize our impact with video?
1. You need to optimize. Upload your video either on unlisted or private. So you can make sure you have keywords in your title and description.
2. Don't forget to share across platforms. This means putting your video on FB, IGTV and Linkedin and your blog. And I'm sure there are other platform that you can spread your great video.
3. Don't overlook the customized thumbnail. It will scream your branding.
I hope these short tips help and drop me a line if you need some help.