I want to challenge you to spend 13 minutes a day on Linkedin. Alot of times I get complaints that Linkedin doesn't work. I always ask one question back. When was the last time that you were on Linkedin. I was surprised to hear, "1 year, 6 months or haven't been back on Linkedin since I set up my profile". Not sure how anyone expect to have results if they are never on.
So here is my 13 minutes a day on Linkedin.
A. (2 min) View - who’s looking at your profile.
B. (4 min) Connect -Send some messages to connect. Make them custom to your target Market
C. (3 min) CheckTabs - Home, My Network, Jobs, Messaging and Notifications. You don't want to miss anything.
D (4 min) Accepting - Accept invitations that make sense. Create your own rules around who you will connect with. I shared mine in the video.
If you do this 13 minutes a day, 5 days a week you will have results.
Take the time to be kind and show some love on Social Media as a business meeting.
I see so many business owners out there sharing their products and services and not even listening to what their ideal client needs.
So as a business owner how do show some love.
1. Donate your services to someone in need.
2. Participate in a fundraiser.
3. You could share and participate and share your knowledge on someones post.
Try to be be kind and show some love starting today. You never know who might need it. Here is a a great quote I would love to inspire you with.
You cannot do kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. Ralph Waldo Emerson
I spend a lot of time working on different facebook business pages, and some are and instant success and some need work. So today I want to walk you through a few things that will make your FB page successful.
1. First impressions are everything! Think about it when you go to a business event you would not go with your hair not combed. Or you would go with holes in your pants. You would put your best look forward. It's the same with your facebook business page so you want to put your best look forward.
2. Craft a great looking cover photo. You don't know how many times I go to different pages that don't have a cover photo at. Get creative and put one up or hire someone to design one.
3. Make sure your "About" section is complete. Take advantage of this section by completing all the informations about yourself. Including some clickable links that you can insert.
4. Effective headlines matter. If while...
Visual content is very important
A reminder that so many online marketers say that visual content is important to include when posting online. How about you? How is your visual content doing today?
1. People really like visuals
2. Visual content increases views
3. Visuals help with engagement
How do you maximize our impact with video?
1. You need to optimize. Upload your video either on unlisted or private. So you can make sure you have keywords in your title and description.
2. Don't forget to share across platforms. This means putting your video on FB, IGTV and Linkedin and your blog. And I'm sure there are other platform that you can spread your great video.
3. Don't overlook the customized thumbnail. It will scream your branding.
I hope these short tips help and drop me a line if you need some help.
Here are some rules for visual content that we sometimes overlook
1. Colors - Less than more - Too many colors is distracting and takes away from the content that you are posting
2. Motion is important - Make sure when doing videos you don't look like a stiff robot.
3. Time - Less than More - No one will watch a long video so make it short and sweet.
4. Quality over and Quantity. This should be the number one rule. Don't post garbage.
Hope this helps
Why should we do email marketing?
1. It enhances your social media marketing. After all you just don't want to be online in few places without incorporating an email marketing strategy.
2. It increases traffic to your website. If you have an email marketing campaign you can send them to your website.
3. It build credibility and your brand. The more you are seen the more your brand gets noticed. The more you get noticed the more credibility you gain.
Now that we are all networking online, I wanted to give you this little tip. The best place to be when online networking is in communities such as groups. But you must be actively involved. So please don't just go to the sites but be involved. Find a community with your target market and join in on the fun. I hope you enjoy the video and please join my online community on Facebook.
To do that friend me at Lorraine Eckert Duncan
And my private community is https://www.facebook.com/groups/SocialMediaMarketingTribe/
1. Look through your customers eyes or potential customer eyes. What would add to them right now.
A. What would benefit them
B. What problem does it solve
Key nugget: Focus on Benefits not Features
Make one little shift of creating content that provides what they need.
2. Be consistent in making sure you speaking to the needs of our customers.
Solicit feedback. (Listening = Social Listening)
3. Give some valuable resources away.
Whether it’s a free guide, a printable PDF, or a company branded calendar, free resources are a great way to create added value and showcase your brand’s ability to offer ‘a little something extra’ to customers.
Free resources can also serve as useful tools to help grow a small business’s brand awareness and expose your target market to various products and services.
FREE 28 DAY TRIAL PERIOD
Grab a cup of joe, have a virtual seat and let’s talk about what’s new, hot and hip in social media. This is designed specifically for the business owners who do their own social media marketing. Two 1 hour monthly calls at our Café for $27 dollars.