I get asked a lot of questions about posting on Linkedin. So I would love to address these 3 most asked questions.
What times should I post? I recommend if you're B2B 8am or 5:30pm. B2C 10am - 2am. But really see what is working for you when you get the most views and then do that.
How often should I post? I recommend daily Monday through Friday. Not many people are on Linkedin during the weekend so probably not a good time to post.
What should I post? I recommend posting your blog or vlog or articles from some else. Infographics are great but I don't recommend memes or selfies or foodies
I home this helps when posting on Linkedin.
If you struggling how to be more productive on Linkedin.
I'm excited to announce my "13 Minutes A Day System on LInkedin"
Are you spending any time on Linkedin? How's your Linkedin Prospecting doing? Do you have system to reach people and build relationships and grow your business? ...
Have you ever received a message from someone you didn't know?
Have you ever got this message: "Id like to add you to my professional network."
So how do you generate interest with people who you don’t know so they will connect with you. Here is what I suggest.
Include a question at the end of your message that will give the perspective connection a reason to respond. Ask them something that only someone in their position would know. People love being helpful, so asking a prospect for their insight or expertise on a certain topic might make them more inclined to respond. Another is how you found their profile.
Things to consider when writing a connection request.
Be courteous & professional
Be specific. Get right to the point
Complement them on something.
Here is an Example.
Hi Chris, I came across your profile after seeing your post about “Benefits Of Reading Daily. Interesting stuff…I so enjoy reading your...
As you know Instagram is the most engaging platform.
Why because it has over 1 Billion Active users.
So it's important for social media marketers to keep up and find an effective Instagram strategy for getting more followers, more Engagement and more comments.
Let's explore a few ways to get more comments.
1. Using niche Instagram hashtags can help you build a community around your brand, and get Instagram comments faster
2. Do Instagram Stories Daily - Why because the most engaged Instagram users are engaging with stories.
3. Share the posts in your feed to your Instagram Stories.
These are just a few ways to get more comments on Instagram. And remember consistency = growth. So be consistent!
Hey I was just wondering if you are intentional with your hashtags on your posts in Instagram?
So here are some tips to make your hashtags better.
1. Make sure you're using relevant hashtags within your niche. Are you connecting with people by your hashtags with exactly what you are posting. If your having trouble finding the right hashtags use the keyword search in Instagram or there is this cool site called Hashtagify.me that you can try.
2. Make sure you keep an eye out for the hashtags that people in your niche
using . See what hashtags others are using in your sphere of influence and what they are posting.
3. Make sure the hashtags you are using are active.
Check the Instagram feed to see if the hashtags that you are using are being used by others. And don't use a real popular hashtags.
Do you have social media success?
The first thing to do to determine this is to define success for you.
Is it more followers, more website views, more sales, or more newsletter sign ups. Is it something else? Only you know that answer.
Now that we defined what success is for you, what you do next is important.
This is where you enforce key strategies to ensure you are successful to achieve that success. Here are 3 strategies that I feel will make you successful with your social media marketing.
1. Be human - not a robot. You have to connect with people. That should be one of your goals. Who wants to engage with robot. I know for myself I want engage with real people.
2. Have a content strategy! I say this over and over again all the time. Don't be random with your content. Make it high quality, relevant content.
3. Find out where your customers are and be present on those platforms. Bottom line is, you have to be...
"Mediocre content will hurt your brand more than doing nothing at all" - Joe Pulizzi
Does your online content lack excitement? Do you ever feel like you are repurposing, writing and rewriting the same thing over and over again?
To be honest if you answered yes to any of those questions above your content marketing isn't good.
So if your content lacks excitement or zest, stop what your doing and and switch it up. I get it sometimes your in a content rut and you can't find your way out of it.
Here are a few ways to switch it up:
1. Make some lists and then post them. Why because they are easily skimmed.
2. Posting "how to's" are great.
3. Post some trends and newsworthy items. Make sure they are relevant.
4. Opinions and reviews are great to post too. People care about what your opinion is. And if you do a review social media is a great place to make someone else look good with a great review
5. Be entertaining....
I want to encourage everyone this week to stop playing small on Linkedin.
1. Make sure when you are connecting with people you are being personal. Write personal notes. Don't write a canned note, write something that is meaning when you are reaching out to someone.
2. The other thing you want to do is nurture your connections. Make sure you are learning about them.
3. Lastly, don't sell. That is so rude. Get to know and have a relationship with your connections.
I wanted to share just 3 of many ways that you can start growing your Linkedin connections.
1. Always post a status update at least once a week. If you have time post more. These posts should be full of relevant content that will help your ideal client.
2. Personalize every request to connect. Don't use the canned message that Linkedin gives you.
3. Join some groups where your Ideal clients. After you join make sure you listen to what people are saying in the group. Answer any questions you can. Share relevant content but don't sell in these groups. Being in groups with your ideal clients will also help you with your marketing plans.
What are your excuses for not doing a video?
1. I don't have the time. Make the time. Make a calendar and have a plan.
2. I don't have enough equipment! Use your Iphone or Droid.
3. I suck on video.
My encouragement to is, Just Do It!
I want to challenge you to spend 13 minutes a day on Linkedin. Alot of times I get complaints that Linkedin doesn't work. I always ask one question back. When was the last time that you were on Linkedin. I was surprised to hear, "1 year, 6 months or haven't been back on Linkedin since I set up my profile". Not sure how anyone expect to have results if they are never on.
So here is my 13 minutes a day on Linkedin.
A. (2 min) View - who’s looking at your profile.
B. (4 min) Connect -Send some messages to connect. Make them custom to your target Market
C. (3 min) CheckTabs - Home, My Network, Jobs, Messaging and Notifications. You don't want to miss anything.
D (4 min) Accepting - Accept invitations that make sense. Create your own rules around who you will connect with. I shared mine in the video.
If you do this 13 minutes a day, 5 days a week you will have results.