I spend a lot of time working on different facebook business pages, and some are and instant success and some need work. So today I want to walk you through a few things that will make your FB page successful.
1. First impressions are everything! Think about it when you go to a business event you would not go with your hair not combed. Or you would go with holes in your pants. You would put your best look forward. It's the same with your facebook business page so you want to put your best look forward.
2. Craft a great looking cover photo. You don't know how many times I go to different pages that don't have a cover photo at. Get creative and put one up or hire someone to design one.
3. Make sure your "About" section is complete. Take advantage of this section by completing all the informations about yourself. Including some clickable links that you can insert.
4. Effective headlines matter. If while...
Visual content is very important
A reminder that so many online marketers say that visual content is important to include when posting online. How about you? How is your visual content doing today?
1. People really like visuals
2. Visual content increases views
3. Visuals help with engagement
3 Ways that you can help your business succeed on Social Media!
1. Start a conversation. - Remember FB and Instagram reward those who interact. They show your posts more.
2. Show a appreciation - It’s an opportunity for you to connect, in a meaningful way, with the people who have helped you and supported you in business.
3. Stand out. Don't be like everyone else, be different but not crazy different.
When people ask me to look at their instagram account I often run across these 3 mistakes.
1. Make sure your profile is public, not private. No one will see your posts or anything if it's private.
2. Don’t use google search to find your images. Create your own! You can use an app you can get on your phone called Word Swag. You can use Canva or PicMonkey. You also can get Pixabay too, which gives access to free photos.
3. Don’t overuse hashtags. Switch them up! Make them relevant enough that your audience is searching for them. Make them make sense!
I hope this helps with making sure your doing the easy things right!
How do you maximize our impact with video?
1. You need to optimize. Upload your video either on unlisted or private. So you can make sure you have keywords in your title and description.
2. Don't forget to share across platforms. This means putting your video on FB, IGTV and Linkedin and your blog. And I'm sure there are other platform that you can spread your great video.
3. Don't overlook the customized thumbnail. It will scream your branding.
I hope these short tips help and drop me a line if you need some help.
I wanted to share a few things about FB Groups!
1. Facebook group is a page meant for users with common interests, where they can share information or their knowledge.
2. Any person can create a group about any topic, cause or event.
3. There are many different types of groups: videogames, friendship, traveling, marketing, job related or any other personalized group, etc.
4. There are two privacy settings now for FB Groups: Public & Private.
5. What are Groups for:
*** Extra Tidbit: FB Groups rules about joining groups. You can join up to 6000. And all I have to say about that is why would anyone do that LOL
Here are some rules for visual content that we sometimes overlook
1. Colors - Less than more - Too many colors is distracting and takes away from the content that you are posting
2. Motion is important - Make sure when doing videos you don't look like a stiff robot.
3. Time - Less than More - No one will watch a long video so make it short and sweet.
4. Quality over and Quantity. This should be the number one rule. Don't post garbage.
Hope this helps
Why should we do email marketing?
1. It enhances your social media marketing. After all you just don't want to be online in few places without incorporating an email marketing strategy.
2. It increases traffic to your website. If you have an email marketing campaign you can send them to your website.
3. It build credibility and your brand. The more you are seen the more your brand gets noticed. The more you get noticed the more credibility you gain.
Now that we are all networking online, I wanted to give you this little tip. The best place to be when online networking is in communities such as groups. But you must be actively involved. So please don't just go to the sites but be involved. Find a community with your target market and join in on the fun. I hope you enjoy the video and please join my online community on Facebook.
To do that friend me at Lorraine Eckert Duncan
And my private community is https://www.facebook.com/groups/SocialMediaMarketingTribe/
FREE 28 DAY TRIAL PERIOD
Grab a cup of joe, have a virtual seat and let’s talk about what’s new, hot and hip in social media. This is designed specifically for the business owners who do their own social media marketing. Two 1 hour monthly calls at our Café for $27 dollars.