Did you know that LinkedIn is the largest online network for working professionals. That is why creating and maintaining a profile is extremely beneficial to you as a business owner.
1. Have a professional photo. Stay away from selfies. Keep your picture current.
2. Have a compelling, client attractive summary. Don't be boring.
3. Have an eye catching headline. Make sure when people come to your profile you catch their attention immediately.
4. Have your contact information. It's always good to give some another way to get a hold of you.
5. Get current recommendations. Believe it or not you don't know how many times someone has told me that they read my recommendations. Please always ask for one. Ask those you are currently working with. Ask those who worked with you before.
Do these things to keep current.
Have you ever received a message from someone you didn't know?
Have you ever got this message: "Id like to add you to my professional network."
So how do you generate interest with people who you don’t know so they will connect with you. Here is what I suggest.
Include a question at the end of your message that will give the perspective connection a reason to respond. Ask them something that only someone in their position would know. People love being helpful, so asking a prospect for their insight or expertise on a certain topic might make them more inclined to respond. Another is how you found their profile.
Things to consider when writing a connection request.
Be courteous & professional
Be specific. Get right to the point
Complement them on something.
Here is an Example.
Hi Chris, I came across your profile after seeing your post about “Benefits Of Reading Daily. Interesting stuff…I so enjoy reading your...
I wanted to share just 3 of many ways that you can start growing your Linkedin connections.
1. Always post a status update at least once a week. If you have time post more. These posts should be full of relevant content that will help your ideal client.
2. Personalize every request to connect. Don't use the canned message that Linkedin gives you.
3. Join some groups where your Ideal clients. After you join make sure you listen to what people are saying in the group. Answer any questions you can. Share relevant content but don't sell in these groups. Being in groups with your ideal clients will also help you with your marketing plans.
I want to challenge you to spend 13 minutes a day on Linkedin. Alot of times I get complaints that Linkedin doesn't work. I always ask one question back. When was the last time that you were on Linkedin. I was surprised to hear, "1 year, 6 months or haven't been back on Linkedin since I set up my profile". Not sure how anyone expect to have results if they are never on.
So here is my 13 minutes a day on Linkedin.
A. (2 min) View - who’s looking at your profile.
B. (4 min) Connect -Send some messages to connect. Make them custom to your target Market
C. (3 min) CheckTabs - Home, My Network, Jobs, Messaging and Notifications. You don't want to miss anything.
D (4 min) Accepting - Accept invitations that make sense. Create your own rules around who you will connect with. I shared mine in the video.
If you do this 13 minutes a day, 5 days a week you will have results.
There are so many things we can do on Linkedin. I want you to concentrate on creating relationships with people on Linkedin. What does this look like.
1. Connect with people you already know that you have not connected with yet on Linkedin.
2. Connect with people you don't know.
3. Use the search bar to research potential clients and then reach out to them.
4. Don't forget to make sure profile is complete.
I believe that you should check these 3 tab on Linkedin Monday through Friday!
1. The home tab: When you go to the home tab there is a "Who's viewed your profile" hyperlink that you should click. This is right under your small picture and description. Know who views your profile helps in seeing if you are attracting your idea clients.
2. The My Network tab: This is where you accept who you want to connect with. Remember to write a person note when connecting with people.
3. The Message tab. This where people send you messages. This week I connected with so many people who wrote me message. This is important in keeping the dialogue going..
Please remember look in these 3 tabs it could be vital to growing your business.
The number 1 reason to be on Linkedin is that the people on the platform on average make 109 Thousand dollars. What a great opportunity we have.
Here are a few tips to get you started right away or improve what you already started on Linkedin.
1. Complete your profile 100%. People do read profiles.
2. Don't be Boring. Make your content compelling. Make your profile client facing to attract the right people to your business.
3. Connect with everyone. The jury is still out on this one. As long it's viable person with a real business, then certainly connect. If you're just connecting with friends and family you will get business anyways but with someone you don't know it gives you a chance for something new.